Friday, June 24, 2011

Zumba with Hubby. . . 'Nuff Said

My husband must really love me; he came to Zumba with me and shook what the good Lord gave him.

I am a newbie at Zumba myself.  I just started going a couple weeks ago.  All I knew when I started was that it is Latin dance oriented.  Its goal is to make exercise fun and it is that. . . and more.  I was not expecting all the shaking and thrusting of body parts and was surprised to find that the grandmas in there can definitely get down with their bad selves.

Our instructor, Cheryl, reminds us, "Your Zumba might not look like my Zumba."  Let me tell you, mine does not look like hers.  She dances like she could be in a Beyonce music video and I look like a seventh grade girl, self-conscious and with not much control over my limbs.  And very, very white; I admit it.  And Dave looked. . . well, like a guy.  But I have to give him credit for not only dancing in a room full of women and circling his hips, but also doing it enthusiastically.

It's our five-year anniversary today.  I love a man who will Zumba with me just so we can hang out together.  It has been five wonderful years and I can't wait to spend the rest of our lives together.







So proud to be your wife <3

No comments:

Post a Comment