Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Brrrr

It's awfully cold in our house. . . We are in between heating systems right now. (Long story).
I want to write about our experience, but I'm having a little trouble finding the humor in it all. . .

So far I have come up with three bright sides:

1. We're doing more snuggling at our house, mostly for survival, but it's nice none-the-less.

2. I'm baking more. I use whatever excuse I can to use the oven and then I leave the door open afterwards. The warmth floods the kitchen. And then we feast on muffins, bread, cookies, etc. Extra benefit: packing on more insulation.

3. I am encouraging Dave to use his vanpool, which saves us money. Right now we're slumbering in E.'s room on a twin bed so the three of us can share a space heater. By the time five-thirty rolls around I send a few nudges his way and subtly groan when he hits the snooze. It works every time. Then I luxuriate in all the extra space. Hey, it seems like a lot when you've had about 1/3 of a twin bed all night.

That's all I got. I'm off to make some hot chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment