Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Homemade Vanilla Recipe

Did you know it's super easy (and a lot cheaper) to make your own Vanilla?  I love this recipe so I thought I'd share!

Ingredients:

2-4 Vanilla Beans (They look like sticks)
1 cup Vodka



1.  Buy Vanilla Beans.  They are usually available at your local heath food store and sometimes Target or certain grocery stores.
2.  Buy Vodka (if you don't already have it...)
3.  Pick out a jar.  I usually use a jelly jar.  A clear jar is preferable so you can see how dark your vanilla is.
4.  Put Vanilla sticks in jar (I break them into thirds first).  Add Vodka. 
5.  Place jar of vanilla in a cupboard and shake it every once in a while. 
6.  Enjoy your pure Vanilla and the satisfaction that you just saved yourself a lot of money.



*Adapted from Ruth Yaron's recipe in Super Baby Food

No comments:

Post a Comment